Samsung Galaxy S6 Nought Update

Starter Poster
Accepted Solution

Samsung Galaxy S6 Nought Update

by racycars Starter Poster
Message 1 of 9 (975 Views)

hey was just wondering if there is anyword on when the Android Nought update would be pushed out as pretty much everwhere else has it i would happily be a tester for you to make sure it works on the network and help work out any bugs

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Vodafone Ninja

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 Nought Update

by Vodafone Ninja Vodafone Ninja Vodafone Ninja
Message 8 of 9 (1,564 Views)

Ah okay, upon further reading(of my own link I provided earlier Smiley LOL) MarshMallow was made available to VF S6 devices on 16-05-2016 03:33 PM so just under a year. Also just checked https://www.sammobile.com/2017/03/09/galaxy-s6-edge-android-7-0-nougat-firmware-download-available-n... and found that 3ish weeks ago Nougat actually has started rolling out but to select countries only so far "Users in Bulgaria, Austria, Hungary, Cyprus, Greece, Croatia and Turkey can now download this update on their handsets." to quote the page. So apparently it is being released out but only very few countries have it and none of those are Australasia/Asia specific so I'd say it's still a while away for now. That's all I have otherwise.

Good luck on the mission for newer OS though!

Regards,
^Zane Cat Happy

View solution in original post

Solution
Accepted by topic author racycars
‎04-04-2017 04:38 PM

All Replies
Vodafone Ninja

Message 2 of 9 (943 Views)

Hey RC,

Did you mean Nougat or Andoid O( https://goo.gl/Ojzl1A )? Just afaik, the S6 didn't get either. Last I checked, it may have gotten Marshmallow. If you're keen on earliest of the earliest available to you, you'd  be best to keep an eye out online in forums to see what other users around the world have noted when+where updates are available. You'll likely find some things on reddit about other countries who get them before us.

Best of luck though! Smiley Happy

Regards,
^Zane Cat Happy

Starter Poster

Message 3 of 9 (938 Views)

im meaning Nought and the s6 has got it because my mate has a phone from the uk which has it so i know you can get just seems to me vodafone tends to drag there feet when updates are involed i know there is alot going on and you cant keep up with everything that is happeing but the s6 is just over a year old and has been getting the update sent via ota in other contries which means voadfone nz should have access to it . on another note i know alot of people say it but vodafone aussie has a weekly rundown of which phones are being tested and which android they are testing why cant we

Vodafone Ninja

Message 4 of 9 (932 Views)

nougat not nought.JPG

Vodafone aren't the ones holding the update back from the customer. It's Samsung in this case, they're notorious for not releasing OS updates before they've confirmed there's little to no bugs before the end user sees it. Once they're done, we check it over, then it goes to you. From just checking now though, the S6 is yet to see Marshmallow, which means it can't have any later version as they don't skip updates. That's not how it works. For more details on android OS updates, check this link here: https://community.vodafone.co.nz/t5/Android-phones/galaxy-s6-marshmallow-update/td-p/199556

Really great feedback about the handsets and what firm/OS they're on though! We'll pass that on Smiley Happy

All the best!

Regards,
^Zane Cat Happy

Starter Poster

Message 5 of 9 (925 Views)

your mistaken as i have the galaxy s6 SM-G920I and i can tell you it is running marshmellow how come other countries have it then is it is samsung holding it up2017-03-30 01.55.41.png

Vodafone Ninja

Message 6 of 9 (919 Views)

Okay. How long have you had Marshmallow for? Also, I can't recollect exactly but could you confirm, is this Samsung the one Vodafone NZ launched or was ours of a different model? I think it was PB tech that sold that one, if so, the handset could possibly have been imported thus is subjected to different OS release times. Also, not all countried+carriers get the exact same software, it's generally customized a bit to suit each indivual sellers needs in said country/telco. If you check the link I previously posted, you'll see a wealth of discussion about how/who/why+when OS roll outs happen. 

Best of luck!

Regards,
^Zane 

Starter Poster

Message 7 of 9 (916 Views)
The one Vodafone sold as I brought it from the Vodafone store in Courtney place wellington have had marshmallow for about a year now
Posted from Samsung SM-G920I
Highlighted
Vodafone Ninja

Message 8 of 9 (1,565 Views)

Ah okay, upon further reading(of my own link I provided earlier Smiley LOL) MarshMallow was made available to VF S6 devices on 16-05-2016 03:33 PM so just under a year. Also just checked https://www.sammobile.com/2017/03/09/galaxy-s6-edge-android-7-0-nougat-firmware-download-available-n... and found that 3ish weeks ago Nougat actually has started rolling out but to select countries only so far "Users in Bulgaria, Austria, Hungary, Cyprus, Greece, Croatia and Turkey can now download this update on their handsets." to quote the page. So apparently it is being released out but only very few countries have it and none of those are Australasia/Asia specific so I'd say it's still a while away for now. That's all I have otherwise.

Good luck on the mission for newer OS though!

Regards,
^Zane Cat Happy

Solution
Accepted by topic author racycars
‎04-04-2017 04:38 PM
Regular Poster

by Regular Poster ZK-TSB Regular Poster
Message 9 of 9 (748 Views)
Hope it's not too far away for my wife's S6, loving nougat on my S7!!
Posted from Samsung SM-G935F
Stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 8w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 3 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today