Samsung Galaxy Note7 - updated 6 Dec

New Poster

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note7 recall - updated 12 Oct

by RyanChang New Poster
Message 61 of 80 (1,326 Views)

Went to Rotorua store, been told has no process with online order. Took my cell phone number and ask me to wait. This is not cool. 

Starter Poster

by benz12 Starter Poster
Message 62 of 80 (1,307 Views)

@RyanChang, I just returned mine (purchased online) to the Sylvia Park store and they refunded it without problem. They would not refund the accessories purchased elsewhere though - case, screen protector and wireless charging pads. Just called Samsung who said to return them to the store they were purchased from. Shouldn't be a problem with items purchased from PB Tech but might not be so easy for items purchased on TradeMe!

Frequent Poster

[ Edited ]
by Frequent Poster JimCelli123 Frequent Poster
Message 63 of 80 (1,293 Views)

@benz12 Did you buy it on plan/contract paying monthly?. If so, did they refund full RRP amount? How much?.

I pre-ordered online and I don't know what to do.

thanks

Starter Poster

by benz12 Starter Poster
Message 64 of 80 (1,287 Views)

@JimCelli123, I was on the 24 month plan. He said the outstanding amount would appear on my next invoice with a refund for the full amount so hopefully it will work out ok.

New Poster

by Riimu New Poster
Message 65 of 80 (1,279 Views)
How is Samsung going reimburse us for the expenses of replacing wallet purchased for our new note 7. There is no replacement phone of equal quality available. Apple 7 is out of stock. And besides can't say I'm keen to learn a bloody iPhone . I'm thinking that I'll wait for Samsung to properly addres the issue
Posted from Samsung SM-N930F
New Poster

by harkiran01 New Poster
Message 66 of 80 (1,256 Views)
Hello Vodafone, I have just received a text notification on returning my device. I have PURCHASED The device ONLINE. WHAT should I do? Because the last time I was made a football saying that if you have got it online return it online as the store wouldn't accept it? I don't want to be mislead this time around! Please advice me clearly on what shall I do as those instructions are only for the people who had bought the phone from the store?
Posted from Apple iPhone
Community Manager

by Community Manager Community Manager
Message 67 of 80 (1,240 Views)

@harkiran01

I will double check but if you take your Note7 with receipt/proof of purchase into a sore, they will sort out replacement/refund.

m

Channel Manager, Help & Support
Vodafone New Zealand
Frequent Poster

[ Edited ]
by Frequent Poster JimCelli123 Frequent Poster
Message 68 of 80 (1,237 Views)

@Riimu, I, too, bought 2 of Note 7s for my parents with the expensive cases. Simply I wasted my money on the cases Smiley Sad. They are reluctant to use iPhone because they simply don't want to learn Apple phones. The replacements, S7 and S7 Edge has smaller screen sizes without S pen and they hate this. I'm also hearing that Samsung is discontinuing Note 7 so there will be no more Note 7 in the future...

My surprise gift became such a failure. In my opinion, Samsung should give us a free phone for affected customers. I mean THIS IS SECOND TIME THEY SCREWED UP !.

I'm just not happy, sorry for whining here =(.

New Poster

by Dave_578 New Poster
Message 69 of 80 (1,229 Views)
So what happens to all the other accessory's I have purchased? I have a screen protector and the note7 from Vodafone and I've purchased a case protector from Noel lemmings, and I've also got an oculus rift version 3 for the note7. Now where does this leave me? Will you be offering me a refund on all if these as well?
Posted from Samsung SM-N930F
Retired Staff

[ Edited ]
by Retired Staff Lucas Retired Staff
Message 70 of 80 (1,214 Views)

We are immediately offering a refund on all Note 7's at this point. In regards to accessories you may want to consult with the original place of purchase to discuss your options.

I work in the Mobile On Account and Mobile Technical Support team. I volunteer my time on the Community.
Stats
  • 79 Replies
  • 1y ago
  • 29 Kudos
  • 11 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today