Highlighted
Staff

Samsung Galaxy Note7 - updated 6 Dec

[ Edited ]
by Staff VF_Operations Staff
Message 1 of 80 (16,380 Views)

Update 6 December 2016

About the blacklisting of Note7 devices

Vodafone will be blacklisting all Samsung Note7 devices, which means yours will stop working permanently on Friday 18th November. Your IMEI number will be deregistered from our network, meaning your Note7 device will not be able to connect to any NZ mobile network. Therefore, you should cease using your Note7 and transfer your SIM card to a new phone.

Please note: Your Vodafone SIM card will work in another device. It is only the Note7 device itself that won’t register to the Vodafone network.

Due to the seriousness of the risk, airlines won’t let you travel with a Note7 in either your check in or carry-on luggage anymore. You will have also already had a forced software update from Samsung which limits your battery charge to 60% or less for your own protection.

About the $100 Credit

We know that having to return your Samsung Note7 has been a major inconvenience. To thank you for your understanding and patience, Vodafone and Samsung are giving customers who purchased a Note7 from Vodafone a $100 credit on your Vodafone account after you return your Note7. Customers who have already returned their Note7 will be issued with the account credit as well. Your account credit will be processed in 3-5 days after we have received your Note7, and will appear on your next bill.

Please note: This goodwill credit will finish from Vodafone on 16 Dec 2016 so you must have handed in your Note7 before then to qualify. You can contact Samsung directly for more information on 0800 SAMSUNG (0800 726 786) or go to http://www.samsung.com/nz/note7/owner-information/.

If customers do not have a Vodafone On Account plan, they can talk to a team member at any Vodafone store, or call our Customer Care team: 777 from your Vodafone mobile or 0800 800 021 from any phone.

We hope this goes some way to addressing the stress and hassle of the recent replacement and return process.

About the returns process 

Following recent announcements from Samsung, Vodafone New Zealand advises any of our customers with a Samsung Galaxy Note7 to back up your data, then stop using the device, turn it off and return it to the store that you purchased it. At Vodafone stores, we will immediately exchange the Note7 for an alternative device or give a full refund for the amount paid for the Note7.

Customers who bought a Galaxy Note7 through Vodafone have the following options in Vodafone stores:

• Swap your Galaxy Note7 for another Samsung product (for example an S7 Edge) and get the difference in price refunded;
  • Get a full refund for your Galaxy Note7
  • Return your Galaxy Note7 and use the refund to purchase any other device, of any brand, that is in stock.

Please also remember to remove your SIM card and micro SD card when you switch handsets.

For a complete list of Vodafone Stores, please visit http://www.vodafone.co.nz/help/store-locations/

If you have any questions relating to your Samsung Galaxy Note7, talk to a team member at any Vodafone store, or call our Customer Care team:

• Personal: 777 from your Vodafone mobile or 0800 800 021 from any phone.
  • Business: 888 from your Vodafone mobile or 0800 400 888 from any phone

Please note: If you bought a Galaxy Note7 through another retailer, you will need to go back to that retailer to process the recall. 

Frequently Asked Questions

What do I need to bring with me when I return my Samsung Galaxy Note7?

• Please ensure that you bring proof of purchase &  identification with you to store. Vodafone always looks to protect the privacy of our customers and we need to take steps to make sure we are dealing with the right person. Please don’t be offended if a staff member asks you for identification.
  • Remember to remove your SIM card and micro SD card when you switch handsets.

Do I need to back up my data?

Samsung recommends using Smart Switch to backup your data prior to returning your Note7. Please also remember to remove your SD Card; if the SD card is encrypted, please ensure to decrypt prior to removing the SD card from your Note 7.

Where is my nearest Vodafone store?

You can find your nearest Vodafone store online

I purchased my Galaxy Note7 online. How can I return my Galaxy Note7 and arrange a replacement/refund?

Please visit your nearest Vodafone store to replace your device or receive a refund.

Do I have to return my Galaxy Note7 to the same Vodafone retail store I purchased it from?

Yes – all customers should return their Note7 to the store where they purchased the handset. If you did not purchase your Note 7 through a Vodafone store you will need to return it to the store where you originally purchased the handset.

My Samsung Galaxy Note7 seems fine? Do I still need to return it?

Yes, following the advice of Samsung, we are requesting customers who own a Galaxy Note7 device to immediately back up, turn off the device, remove the SD card, and visit the nearest Vodafone store to replace their device or receive a refund.

Do I have to keep my free 128Gb Micro SD card that I got with the Samsung Galaxy Note7?

All customers are entitled to keep their Free 128Gb Micro SD card they received during the initial purchase of the device should they wish to.

How will you compensate customers who have their devices affected?

All our customers have the option to either get a replacement smartphone of their choice or alternatively get full refund on their purchased Samsung Galaxy Note7 devices as well as any related accessories purchased from Vodafone.

I have paid off some of my Note7 on Interest Free – will get these back?

All our customers on Interest Free contracts will be refunded for the value of their payments made to date as an On Account credit.

I haven’t returned my Samsung Galaxy Note7 yet, can I still get a free Samsung J5?

Samsung Galaxy J5 devices were offered to customers as a replacement device during the initial Samsung Galaxy Note7 recall issued on Friday 2 Sep 2016. Customers are no longer be able to collect a free Samsung J5 from Vodafone, as this offer ended Wednesday 21 Sep 2016.

Any advice for customers experiencing battery issues?

• Customers experiencing any battery problems should turn their device off immediately and then take it to a Vodafone store.
  • There is customer guidance on the safe use of devices in handset manuals/quick start guides.
  • To minimise risks of a battery failure, we advise customers do the following:
    - if a device is not designed to have a removable back then the back should not be removed - doing so can result in a tool piercing the battery; and
    - devices should not be exposed to undue force (e.g. they should not be bent).

Will I see the $100 credit on my account straight away?

Your account credit will be processed in 3-5 days after we have received your Note7 and will appear on your next bill. For Prepay customers, your credit should appear on your account in the next 3-5 days.

Starter Poster

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note7 recall - updated 19 Sept

by manubatra Starter Poster
Message 2 of 80 (9,823 Views)

Hi Mike, Haven't recieved any text messages yet? What are the instructions to acquire the placement note 7?

Starter Poster

by Viralpoet Starter Poster
Message 3 of 80 (9,813 Views)
I've not received any texts either, despite having dropped my old phone in to the store for replacement pretty much at the start of this process.

But I never received a text about the recall either, so I'm assuming I'm not on the contact lists. Samsung says stock is arriving from the 21st, so what do we do to get our replacement?
Posted from Android 6.0
Starter Poster

by Eracode Starter Poster
Message 4 of 80 (9,805 Views)

Has Vodafone really "... already contacted our customers via TXT message with specific instructions on where and how to acquire their replacement device."?

If so, how come I haven't received a text from Vodafone giving me info about my Note7 replacement?

Starter Poster

by Eracode Starter Poster
Message 5 of 80 (9,798 Views)

Reading other posts here, it seems that Vodafone have not texted all Note7 customers about their replacement phones. Why are you saying you have done this when it seems pretty clear you haven't?

In fact, like another poster above, I have received absolutely nothing from Vodafone about this recall - not even a message when the recall was initiated. And nothing since, either.

Community Manager

by Community Manager Community Manager
Message 6 of 80 (9,747 Views)

@Eracode

Please direct message me with your number and I'll check. Did you activate your Note7?

Cheers

m

Channel Manager, Help & Support
Vodafone New Zealand
Starter Poster

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note7 recall - updated 20 Sept

by Wonderingjew Starter Poster
Message 7 of 80 (9,746 Views)

Lol. What the hell Vodafone. I didn't even any texts regarding the recall 

Starter Poster

by Hjmlsm Starter Poster
Message 8 of 80 (9,727 Views)
Will the replacement available from all vidafone stores from the 22nd? Can you plz confirm if it will be available in Glenfield?? I also didnt receive any txt advising what to do??
Posted from Android 6.0
Community Manager

by Community Manager Community Manager
Message 9 of 80 (9,622 Views)

@Hjmlsm

Check with the store first but  should be there. Please direct message me with your number and I'll find out why you didn't get the text.

thanks

m

Channel Manager, Help & Support
Vodafone New Zealand
Contributor LAC
Contributor

[ Edited ]
by Contributor LAC Contributor
Message 10 of 80 (9,605 Views)

@MikeHales

Hi, are you able to follow up if I will be getting a replacement soon from the Orewa store?  I only just went in Monday, hoping I can get it with the rest on the 22rd.

Regards,

Stats
  • 79 Replies
  • 42w ago
  • 29 Kudos
  • 11 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today