Samsung Galaxy Ace Style Double Tap Unlock

New Poster
Accepted Solution

Samsung Galaxy Ace Style Double Tap Unlock

by andygl New Poster
Message 1 of 3 (36,271 Views)

Hi, Can anyone please tell me how to disable the really annoying double tap to unlock feature that appears when making a call on the Samsung Galaxy Ace Style we recently purchased? It appaears as a little padlock on the call screen during the call and after double tapping it to remove it, it reppears almost immediately. Cheers

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Business Ninja Initiate

Re: Samsung Galaxy Ace Style Double Tap Unlock

by Business Ninja Initiate Business Ninja Initiate Business Ninja Initiate
Message 2 of 3 (46,313 Views)

HI @andygl ,

The padlock is a feature to stop your cheek accidently pressing buttons on the screen while on a call, and cannot be disabled.

This is due to the device not having a proximity sensor, where the screen would turn off when against your face, and turn back on when you move it away from your face.

There have been a few ways to try and disable the padlock feature on the internet that i've read, but they have no effect (I've tried on a customers phone who found it annoying as well). As this is hardware related, a software update won't fix the issue.

Cheers,

Harry

I'm a Vodafone Ninja in a Vodafone retail store.

View solution in original post

Solution
Accepted by Dylan (Retired Staff)
‎03-10-2015 04:33 AM

All Replies
Highlighted
Business Ninja Initiate

by Business Ninja Initiate Business Ninja Initiate Business Ninja Initiate
Message 2 of 3 (46,314 Views)

HI @andygl ,

The padlock is a feature to stop your cheek accidently pressing buttons on the screen while on a call, and cannot be disabled.

This is due to the device not having a proximity sensor, where the screen would turn off when against your face, and turn back on when you move it away from your face.

There have been a few ways to try and disable the padlock feature on the internet that i've read, but they have no effect (I've tried on a customers phone who found it annoying as well). As this is hardware related, a software update won't fix the issue.

Cheers,

Harry

I'm a Vodafone Ninja in a Vodafone retail store.
Solution
Accepted by Dylan (Retired Staff)
‎03-10-2015 04:33 AM
New Poster

by Marvin New Poster
Message 3 of 3 (24,451 Views)
Don't
Posted from LG D722
Stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 2y ago