Android Nougut

Regular Poster

Android Nougut

by Regular Poster jamesrawin Regular Poster
Message 1 of 7 (466 Views)
Thought I share with you.

Android OS-Nougut has landed, don't know if just me or the rest fur Samsung galaxy S7 edge but I am with vodafone

A bit of surprise as I have been checking device update regularly if anything is here. Perhaps I missed it yesterday
Just down loaded today but a lot of features there to be discover

A bit of surprise to see the system is super fast
If you are using iPhone that what you feel like, by pressing the application to can hear that sound but this one even better, far better

A lot of new features, good fur people who like sophisticated system so you can keep your mind active

If anyone has their updated wanted to share then please do

Regards

Posted from Samsung SM-G935F
Starter Poster

Re: Android Nougut

by Forerunner787 Starter Poster
Message 2 of 7 (457 Views)

Yeah I just got the update few hours ago, I checked for update last night and nothing show up, so I guess it probably release today. 

Below is feature that I find that I like/dislike within the last few hours of update. 

What I like:

- Faster app launching

- Smoother animation with no slow down

- More condense and simpler setting menus

- More simplified notification pull down menu

- More customizable notifcation options

- More power options - you could literately turn the phone into a mid/low ranger like the J7 and have a Nokia-like battery life

- Most stock Nougat feature all mostly present on the TouchWiz/Grace UX which is a surprise

- Extremely fast fingerprint unlock and noticeably more responsive in recognizing your finger

- After update, you wont be stuck with a "Android is upgrading" screen, now it's all in background but performance is noticeably slow down when that happen.

What I dont like:

- You can no longer choose your own wallpaper for your homescreen/lockscreen (or at least I havent find it)

- You need to press the arrow down button next to the brightness setting and select "Show control on top" to have the slider top on the notification (some users report they can no longer do this but it does, you just have to do that step.

- The phone resolution set to FHD (1920x1080) by default, if you want to change it to native WQHD (2560x1440) you need to change that in the setting.

- More notification annoyance - most app that wasnt enable back in Marshmallow, but fortunately you can turn it off.

- No more easter egg where you can play the Flappy Bird replica version of Android (or it has been move to another place, idk)

Regular Poster

Message 3 of 7 (444 Views)
Hi
Try to Evie launcher us free to download is quite nice or other launcher on Google play

Camera features
You can change to the thing you want but this app comes with just standard setup

When take pictures. The camera is setup to default
When you turn on camera see 3 tiny white dot, slide forward and backward to select which one you need either auto, pro, food or something else it will get to to there. From then you came take pictures in style yo need

Wallpapers. If you want a nice picture, go to Google play download special wallpaper or select picture on your gallery then press top right corner select what you need from there then set into both lock screen and homepage

Egg on marshmallow, will check then let you know what has happened to it

Frequent Poster

by Frequent Poster JimCelli123 Frequent Poster
Message 4 of 7 (440 Views)

Vodafone finally did it !. Good job !.

I hope they are more transparent on software updates since they have no news/updates about the updates in Vodafone NZ board whereas Aussies do.

Anyway very good job on the rollout. I'm really satisfied with the update, new layout, design, faster app transitions etc. Love it. Smiley Happy

Regular Poster

Message 5 of 7 (427 Views)
Are we try to tease iPhone owner 😁

I don't know if it is for all or just certain model number but anyone can checkour on device update incase it is available to you

A lot of great features, for some people probably difficult to find what to do but hey it is phone. Learn to enjoy don't throw into wall lol 😁 😂
Regular Poster

Message 6 of 7 (407 Views)
Hi the wallpaper is still there. Go to setting then you see wallpapers section then you select from there. If you want your own picture then go to gallery then slect pictures from there. Hope you can feel relax now
Regular Poster

Message 7 of 7 (406 Views)
Are we the haters of iPhone lol 😁 😂. Love it so far
Stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 17w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 3 Contributors