26-02-2017 09:13 AM
26-02-2017 11:46 AM
Yeah I just got the update few hours ago, I checked for update last night and nothing show up, so I guess it probably release today.
Below is feature that I find that I like/dislike within the last few hours of update.
What I like:
- Faster app launching
- Smoother animation with no slow down
- More condense and simpler setting menus
- More simplified notification pull down menu
- More customizable notifcation options
- More power options - you could literately turn the phone into a mid/low ranger like the J7 and have a Nokia-like battery life
- Most stock Nougat feature all mostly present on the TouchWiz/Grace UX which is a surprise
- Extremely fast fingerprint unlock and noticeably more responsive in recognizing your finger
- After update, you wont be stuck with a "Android is upgrading" screen, now it's all in background but performance is noticeably slow down when that happen.
What I dont like:
- You can no longer choose your own wallpaper for your homescreen/lockscreen (or at least I havent find it)
- You need to press the arrow down button next to the brightness setting and select "Show control on top" to have the slider top on the notification (some users report they can no longer do this but it does, you just have to do that step.
- The phone resolution set to FHD (1920x1080) by default, if you want to change it to native WQHD (2560x1440) you need to change that in the setting.
- More notification annoyance - most app that wasnt enable back in Marshmallow, but fortunately you can turn it off.
- No more easter egg where you can play the Flappy Bird replica version of Android (or it has been move to another place, idk)
26-02-2017 12:35 PM
26-02-2017 12:55 PM
Vodafone finally did it !. Good job !.
I hope they are more transparent on software updates since they have no news/updates about the updates in Vodafone NZ board whereas Aussies do.
Anyway very good job on the rollout. I'm really satisfied with the update, new layout, design, faster app transitions etc. Love it.
26-02-2017 03:45 PM
26-02-2017 10:05 PM
Copyright © Vodafone New Zealand Ltd