Reply

25-04 Galaxys S2 ICS is now in KIES

Contributor
astrae
Posts: 59
Registered: ‎14-10-2011

25-04 Galaxys S2 ICS is now in KIES

by Contributor astrae Contributor
Message 1 of 636 (76,126 Views)
Hi Guys,

Just wondering if you have anymore info on a possible 2.3.5 update for this device?

I see over the past couple of weeks samsung/vodafone have been releasing Kies updates for:


I9100BUKJ3 2.3.5

Vodafone Romania
Vodafone Portugal
Vodafone Greece
Vodafone Germany
Vodafone Czech
Vodafone UK
Vodafone Spain

Will nz be following??
Please use plain text.
Ninja Master
johnr
Posts: 17,146
Registered: ‎06-08-2008

25-04 Galaxys S2 ICS is now in KIES

by Ninja Master Ninja Master
Message 2 of 636 (76,126 Views)
Please read other threads in the mobile section of people that have asked the same question for other devices

John
Systems Engineer at Vodafone NZ

I volunteer my time here on the community helping out, Not an official member of the social media team but I have worked in many parts of the business

** I am out of NZ between on Holiday between 20/4 to 28/4 **
Please use plain text.
Contributor
DarcyW
Posts: 78
Registered: ‎12-04-2011

25-04 Galaxys S2 ICS is now in KIES

by Contributor DarcyW Contributor
Message 3 of 636 (76,126 Views)
astrae, on 08 November 2011 - 11:05 AM, said:

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if you have anymore info on a possible 2.3.5 update for this device?


Have you noticed whether 2.3.4 is released in NZ yet?
Please use plain text.
Contributor
astrae
Posts: 59
Registered: ‎14-10-2011

25-04 Galaxys S2 ICS is now in KIES

by Contributor astrae Contributor
Message 4 of 636 (76,126 Views)
WildBoarMouse, on 08 November 2011 - 01:22 PM, said:

astrae, on 08 November 2011 - 11:05 AM, said:

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if you have anymore info on a possible 2.3.5 update for this device?


Have you noticed whether 2.3.4 is released in NZ yet?


Losing hope for any update, doesn't seem that high on the priority list. As soon as an official ICS update is released i'll be flashing it manually.
Please use plain text.
New Poster
FeralPhil
Posts: 12
Registered: ‎05-12-2011

25-04 Galaxys S2 ICS is now in KIES

by FeralPhil New Poster
Message 5 of 636 (76,126 Views)
Any news on when an official update will be available to take the S2 to 2.3.5? I picked up a new handset from Vodafone on Friday for a staff member, and that has 2.3.5 installed, but the rest of us here are still on 2.3.3
Please use plain text.
Ninja Master
johnr
Posts: 17,146
Registered: ‎06-08-2008

25-04 Galaxys S2 ICS is now in KIES

by Ninja Master Ninja Master
Message 6 of 636 (76,126 Views)
FeralPhil, on 05 December 2011 - 11:41 AM, said:

Any news on when an official update will be available to take the S2 to 2.3.5? I picked up a new handset from Vodafone on Friday for a staff member, and that has 2.3.5 installed, but the rest of us here are still on 2.3.3


Have you installed Samsung KIES on a windows PC and checked for any handset updates?

You need to do this over USB with the handset plugged into a PC

John
Systems Engineer at Vodafone NZ

I volunteer my time here on the community helping out, Not an official member of the social media team but I have worked in many parts of the business

** I am out of NZ between on Holiday between 20/4 to 28/4 **
Please use plain text.
Contributor
DarcyW
Posts: 78
Registered: ‎12-04-2011

25-04 Galaxys S2 ICS is now in KIES

by Contributor DarcyW Contributor
Message 7 of 636 (76,126 Views)
johnr, on 05 December 2011 - 12:03 PM, said:

FeralPhil, on 05 December 2011 - 11:41 AM, said:

Any news on when an official update will be available to take the S2 to 2.3.5? I picked up a new handset from Vodafone on Friday for a staff member, and that has 2.3.5 installed, but the rest of us here are still on 2.3.3


Have you installed Samsung KIES on a windows PC and checked for any handset updates?

You need to do this over USB with the handset plugged into a PC

John


It's still 2.3.3 here... :(
Please use plain text.
Ninja Master
johnr
Posts: 17,146
Registered: ‎06-08-2008

25-04 Galaxys S2 ICS is now in KIES

by Ninja Master Ninja Master
Message 8 of 636 (76,126 Views)
Can't be to far off then if it's on the handset now getting sold by Vodafone NZ
Systems Engineer at Vodafone NZ

I volunteer my time here on the community helping out, Not an official member of the social media team but I have worked in many parts of the business

** I am out of NZ between on Holiday between 20/4 to 28/4 **
Please use plain text.
New Poster
FeralPhil
Posts: 12
Registered: ‎05-12-2011

25-04 Galaxys S2 ICS is now in KIES

by FeralPhil New Poster
Message 9 of 636 (76,126 Views)
johnr, on 05 December 2011 - 11:43 AM, said:

Can't be to far off then if it's on the handset now getting sold by Vodafone NZ


I can wait till then. Just nice to see overscrolling in stock rom.
Please use plain text.
Ninja Master
johnr
Posts: 17,146
Registered: ‎06-08-2008

25-04 Galaxys S2 ICS is now in KIES

by Ninja Master Ninja Master
Message 10 of 636 (76,126 Views)
FeralPhil, on 05 December 2011 - 09:31 PM, said:

johnr, on 05 December 2011 - 11:43 AM, said:

Can't be to far off then if it's on the handset now getting sold by Vodafone NZ


I can wait till then. Just nice to see overscrolling in stock rom.


I have that on mine and its much better
Systems Engineer at Vodafone NZ

I volunteer my time here on the community helping out, Not an official member of the social media team but I have worked in many parts of the business

** I am out of NZ between on Holiday between 20/4 to 28/4 **
Please use plain text.
Stats
  • 635 Replies
  • 2y ago
  • 76,127 Views
  • 0 Kudos
  • 8 Contributors
What's new?

Changes to Vodafone Community. New look and navigation coming March/April.

New phones coming soon Samsung Galaxy S5, Sony Xperia Z2 and the HTC One m8. Wow.
April2014Androids.png

Kids online. Web Superskills is a new free tool to help kids 5-9 learn the 'digital facts of life'.
web_super_skills_cards_w300px.png

HD Voice, it's seriously amazing. We've put together a video so you can hear the difference HD Voice makes.

BlackBerry Z10. Find out what Chris thought of the Z10 after a week.

Need help with your Vodafone Community login? Our address is onlinecare@vodafone.co.nz