No signal with sim card

New Poster

No signal with sim card

by Ellen87 New Poster
Message 1 of 2 (323 Views)
I lost my phone last week and vodafone send me a new simcard. I bought a huawei Y6 elite today, prepaid with simcard, but it keeps saying it does not have a signal. If i switch it off or restart it it still does not have a signal. Does anyone know how to get a signal?
Posted from Huawei LYO-L02
Vodafone Ninja

Re: No signal with sim card

by Vodafone Ninja Vodafone Ninja Vodafone Ninja
Message 2 of 2 (280 Views)

Hi there Ellen!

Sounds like you may have been sent a blank sim that's yet to have your number ported over to it! Best thing you can do is call 0800 800 021 from a landline and give them your mobile number and explain that you need to have your number moved to a new blank sim because the old one was in a phone that was lost, they'll be able to move it over for you to the new sim and you should just have to reboot your handset after that. Providing that's too much hassle, I can arrange for someone to do it for you but will need you to private message me with your mobile number, when you last topped up/4 digit pin number that was set up when you first got this handset and also the sim number on the back of the packaging the new sim came in and I'll have a colleague get it sorted for you.

Regards,

^Zane Cat Happy

Stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 13w ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 2 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today