Asus 4G LTE AC55u modem - not connecting to ISP (sim from Huawei B315s - 120GB Plan)

Starter Poster

Asus 4G LTE AC55u modem - not connecting to ISP (sim from Huawei B315s - 120GB Plan)

by Babavis Starter Poster
Message 1 of 7 (425 Views)

Good day,

Hopefully someone in the community has come across this issue:

Latest ASUS 4G LTE modem on the market and it just refuses to connect to Vodafone APN.

Background:

Originally used Huawei B315s modem with my 120GB broadband plan. (Sim is white in coulour with no branding).

Removed sim from Huawei and placed in new Asus modem, but ISP connection keeps on failing. All settings correct.

Went from pillar to post bewteen Vodafone Customer service and Asus, with ASUS providing the latest beta firmware. Still no luck.

Went to Vodafone again and they confirmed (well CSR confirmed, so not sure if they are fully informed??) that the sim is not locked and linked to the HUAWEI modem without any other restrictions.

Tried again and no luck.

Please help

Thanks 

Business Ninja Adept

Re: Asus 4G LTE AC55u modem - not connecting to ISP (sim from Huawei B315s - 120GB Plan)

by Business Ninja Adept Business Ninja Adept Business Ninja Adept
Message 2 of 7 (415 Views)
The RBI / HWB SIM is TAC locked to the IMEI range of the RBI modems so it will not work in your ASUS modem.

You will need to do a SIM Swap onto a regular SIM if you want to use it in that modem Smiley Happy.
I work in Mobile Technical Escalations and I volunteer my time here on the community helping out.
Posted from Apple iPhone
Business Ninja Adept

Re: Asus 4G LTE AC55u modem - not connecting to ISP (sim from Huawei B315s - 120GB Plan)

Message 3 of 7 (414 Views)
Also the connection will be provisioned with the 'broadband' APN not the 'vodafone' APN
I work in Mobile Technical Escalations and I volunteer my time here on the community helping out.
Posted from Apple iPhone
Starter Poster

Message 4 of 7 (398 Views)

Oh man, Salvation does lie within the Vodafone Ninja Community ...LoL  

Jokes aside, your response time was out of this world and I just wish that more companies would make use of these sorts of forum-tools and to man them with knowledgable and sensible staff.

Thank you so much and I'm off to the Vodafone store to complete the Sim Swap.

Highlighted
Starter Poster

Message 5 of 7 (397 Views)

Either way , your Ninjitsu is strong. Keep up the good work.

Regards

Deon

Business Ninja Adept

Message 6 of 7 (395 Views)

Cheers Deon Smiley Wink

Good luck and please update how you get along..

Cheers

Starter Poster

Message 7 of 7 (370 Views)

Hey Sebastian,

You're the MAN!!! ... Working like a charm just tested and getting 48Mbps down and 16Mbps up.

Cheers,

Deon

Stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 9w ago
  • 4 Kudos
  • 2 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today