4G Rural Broadband Wendon/Freshford Southland

Highlighted
Starter Poster
Accepted Solution

4G Rural Broadband Wendon/Freshford Southland

by SandyRickButler Starter Poster
Message 1 of 9 (1,446 Views)

Any Idea you will be providing 4G RB to the Wendon/ Freshford area, so we can get off the pathetic adsl service we get (at least some of the time) now?

Your coverage maps are for 3G, and have not been updated for a year now.

When are you putting up the pricing and new Rural Broadband plans that were announced at the field days?

Finaly, is there any point emailing Vodafone about anything? Can you find out about my email? [Incident:150610-006578]

Thanks,

Rick

Accepted Solutions
Retired Staff

Re: 4G Rural Broadband Wendon/Freshford Southland

by Retired Staff Dylan Retired Staff
Message 8 of 9 (2,304 Views)

It seems there might have been a misunderstanding about the enquiry in the email and the phone call, I really don't think it would have been intentional but regardless, sorry there was a delay for you receiving the answer you were after.

By the way I sit next to a the online content team, they are working towards having the new RBI plans on the site tomorrow.

View solution in original post

Solution
Accepted by topic author SandyRickButler
‎03-10-2015 04:33 AM

All Replies
Starter Poster

Message 2 of 9 (1,444 Views)

Just found a better map, disregard the bit about the coverage map.

Ninja Adept

by Ninja Adept Ninja Adept Ninja Adept
Message 3 of 9 (1,438 Views)

Morning Sandy. Glad you found the correct map. Re coverage query I'll refer to this recent post as well, looks like you're in the same area - http://community.vodafone.co.nz/t5/4G-and-the-SuperNet/Coverage-coming-to-Balfour-Area-in-Southland/...

Sorry can't check that email reference for you - tool I don't have access to. Is it along the same lines as this query I've answered?

Starter Poster

Message 4 of 9 (1,433 Views)

The previous post you ref, partly answers it, howevere are not Balfour.

This area has some interesting topo, and like Rach said, "sadly still no RBI for those of us living on this side of Balfour." 

You didn't answer for our area.

You also didn't answer; When are you putting up the pricing and new Rural Broadband plans that were announced at the field days?

As for the email, surely someone could find out? It realy cant be that hard, can it?

Ninja Adept

by Ninja Adept Ninja Adept Ninja Adept
Message 5 of 9 (1,428 Views)

Hi Sandy. Wendon should already be covered by the Riversdale South cell site, at least on that side. The valley however looks like it might only get spotty at most even after we've finished the new site.

Freshford looks like it will be covered by the Waikaia site which is currently being built near Blaikie Road (will be on the hills) - so this isn't far off, I dont have a specific date but based on experience sometime next month looks likely.

Unsure re the new pricing and email reference. Will need @Dylan to help out here. Cheers

Retired Staff

Message 6 of 9 (1,422 Views)

Hi Sandy

I see Miriama called you the other day following the email and then closed off the email enquiry following that conversation.

Our online content team are putting the new RBI plans on our site over the next couple of days. They were an exclusive launch at Fieldays, exciting to hear 4G coming to RBI too!

Cheers

Dylan

Starter Poster

Message 7 of 9 (1,414 Views)

Really nice for the email enquiry to be closed off, when we were called about a fault with our ADSL and home phone. Nice of someone to read the content  of the email beforehand.

@Dylan, you and @Nigel have answered all my questions anyway- thanks, but if I send an email, I expect a response. I am glad I found these boards where, because things are asked in public, answers acutally come.

Thanks again guys.

Retired Staff

Message 8 of 9 (2,305 Views)

It seems there might have been a misunderstanding about the enquiry in the email and the phone call, I really don't think it would have been intentional but regardless, sorry there was a delay for you receiving the answer you were after.

By the way I sit next to a the online content team, they are working towards having the new RBI plans on the site tomorrow.

Solution
Accepted by topic author SandyRickButler
‎03-10-2015 04:33 AM
Retired Staff

Message 9 of 9 (1,342 Views)

The new RBI plans are on our site now, there's four options, 30 or 80 GB, and with or without a phone service.

http://www.vodafone.co.nz/broadband/rural/

Stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 2y ago
  • 3 Kudos
  • 3 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today