3G/4G reception Hobsonville Point

Starter Poster
Accepted Solution

3G/4G reception Hobsonville Point

by Geer Starter Poster
Message 1 of 9 (2,559 Views)

Hi, 

we have just moved to Hobsonville Point, where our house is located in Ponga Street/Kotuku Lane (by Clark Road). This is one of the SHA new housing areas being built by the government, pretty important showcase for Auckland and NZ.

Looking at the attached cell tower map, our street and surrounds is pretty much situated right in middle between your two existing towers, as a result we get poor 3G signal 2 bars and no 4G at all. Calls break up, lose connection at times!!

Your competition Spark have a tower located pretty much in the middle of Hobsonville Point by Squadron Drive exit on motorway, so neighbours and friends who are with them get 4G really well around here. They love it!! See pic attached

So the question is Vodafone (please pass to the Cell Tower Planning team), is when are you going to increase the 4G coverage across all of Hobsonville Point, esp. The new areas being built around Ponga Street, Clark Road, etc ??

image.jpeg

Posted from Apple iPad

Accepted Solutions
Retired Staff

Re: 3G/4G reception Hobsonville Point

by Retired Staff Dylan Retired Staff
Message 7 of 9 (4,769 Views)

Hi Geer

Our Radio Access & Design Manager has come back to me now. Hobsonville Point is a candidate for inclusion in the schedule for next year. It may depend on prioritisation at that time, but it is in line to be considered.

Cheers

Dylan

View solution in original post

Solution
Accepted by topic author Geer
‎17-10-2015 08:07 AM

All Replies
Starter Poster

by Geer Starter Poster
Message 2 of 9 (2,530 Views)

Here are the 3G and 4G coverage maps - pretty poor signals around Hobsonville Point

image.png

Posted from Apple iPad
Starter Poster

by Geer Starter Poster
Message 3 of 9 (2,529 Views)

image.png

Posted from Apple iPad
Retired Staff

Message 4 of 9 (2,493 Views)

Hi Geer

I've asked a colleague Nigel and he has in turn asked our Radio Access Design Engineers who design our network. We don't have anything immediately lined up in that area, although there may be in future.

Depending on your location the current 3G coverage looks quite good, so it would be good if you could please contact our team on 777 to look into lodging a coverage fault if appropriate. That will then contribute to the longer term planning for improvements.

Thank you

Dylan

Starter Poster

by Geer Starter Poster
Message 5 of 9 (2,488 Views)

Hi Dylan

thanks for the reply.

I have already contacted the crew at 777 prior to this post, they advise same and suggested I get a Sure Signal!!

We don't want to spend $200 on one of those boosters to find then that VF is already planning maintenance or new towers in next little while, hence my question on this post.

It would be valuable to get a comprehensive statement from planning. I have raised this with the Hobsonville Land Company (Govt owned organisation developing Hobsonville Point).

The 3G voice shadow really only affects a couple street blocks around Squadron/ Ponga Street, as this is half way between existing VF towers, putting another one or a picotower around Sqadron Drive will solve it..

who else can I escalate this to?

regards, Geer

Posted from Apple iPad
Retired Staff

Message 6 of 9 (2,459 Views)

Hi Geer

I have emailed a senior networks person and raised the level of recent and future development in the area, included the previous email chain from our team, and linked them to this discussion. Hopefully I'll have a response in the next couple of days.

Cheers

Dylan

Retired Staff

Message 7 of 9 (4,770 Views)

Hi Geer

Our Radio Access & Design Manager has come back to me now. Hobsonville Point is a candidate for inclusion in the schedule for next year. It may depend on prioritisation at that time, but it is in line to be considered.

Cheers

Dylan

Solution
Accepted by topic author Geer
‎17-10-2015 08:07 AM
Highlighted
Retired Staff

[ Edited ]
by Retired Staff johnr Retired Staff
Message 8 of 9 (269 Views)

@GeerNew VodafoneNZ Site is now going in at the motorway off ramp today, Drove past it today and it was going up

So should be live in the next week or two

John

Ex VodafoneNZ staff member 17 years 4 days
Retired Staff

Message 9 of 9 (246 Views)

johnr wrote:

@GeerNew VodafoneNZ Site is now going in at the motorway off ramp today, Drove past it today and it was going up

So should be live in the next week or two

John

Good stuff. 

Posted from Apple iPad
Stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1y ago
  • 3 Kudos
  • 3 Contributors
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today